Friday, February 20, 2009

Tea Party



Now that I am home for a short period of time, I am throwing tea parties on my own :) Once I start baking cakes, I will have people over.

My new book, Atlas Shrugged Volume 1, is my companion. Saw some quotes from the book on a friend's facebook wall and seems like I will be reading all three volumes for a while.

Green tea from spice bazaar. Doesn't the rose print on the vase feel like the reflection of the embroidered crochet coaster (gift from my husband)? It is funny that I just noticed all three roses (the vase, coaster and the tea cup) look like the same figure.

My dearest friend, Özlem, surprised me and mailed two great vintage tea cups all the way from Ankara. And suggested to continue on a mix-n-match vintage collection. I think it is a wonderful idea. I want to steal some from my mom ;)

Don't you think my glasses deserve another post?

*****
Kısa bir süre evde olduğum için kitap okuyup kendi kendime çay partileri düzenlemeye karar verdim. Kekler yapıp arkadaşlarımı da davet edeceğim bu partilere.

Atlas Vazgeçti, 1. Bölüm:İtirassız, bir arkadaşımın facebook'ta kitaptan alıntılar yapması ile dikkatimi çekti. Elimden düşmeyeceğe benziyor.

Yeşil çay mısır çarşısından . Minik vazonun üzerindeki gül deseni tığ işi bardak altına işlenmiş olanın yansıması gibi duruyor öyle değil mi? Bu arada dantel işlemedeki, çay fincanındaki ve vazodaki desenlerin neredeyse aynı gibi olduğunu yeni farkettim.

Canım arkadaşım Özlemim, yeni yıl hediyesi olarak Ankara'dan iki tane çay fincanı göndermişti. İkincisi daha sonraki yazılarda olabilir. Benim de karışık ve kaliteli çay takımıma devam etmemi önerdi. Şimdi aklımda annemimkiler var ;)

Gözlüklerim sizce de ayrı bir yazıyı haketmiyor mu?



Coasters from Sofia, Flea Market/
Bardak altlıkları, Sofya Bit Pazarı
Vintage Tea Cup
Silhouette Eye Glasses / Silhouette Gözlük Çerçevesi

No comments:

Post a Comment